Stock Option Accouting?

Arnaud Launay asl at launay.org
Wed Jun 25 20:25:09 CDT 2003

Le Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 01:08:44PM -0400, Roland Roberts a écrit:
> Is there anything in GnuCash to let me track stock options?  My

Yes.

First, create a normal asset account, which will contain all
stocks as subaccounts; define this account as a placeholder.

Second, create an account in it, of type stock, check get online
quotes, and modify the commodity, select new, and put the symbol
(code number) and type (defining place of the stock).

Then, add the number of your stocks and the price in the account.

	Arnaud.
--
When I was a child...  We had a quick-sand box in the backyard...
I was an only child...  eventually.