Strange things with stocks & funds

Fredrik Persson frepe at bredband.net
Sat Jun 28 17:01:10 CDT 2003

Hi!

I'm brand new to this list, please forgive me if did not search the archives
well enough. (Btw, I didn't find a searchfunction, so if any of you know
where to find it...)

Anyway, I just entered my mutual funds into gnucash. Number of shares, price
per share and *bang* I hit return. Then, gnucash removes whatever I wrote in
the "price per share" column, and puts "1" there... "number of shares" and
"buy" is increased correctly though. (By multiplying the two numbers I
entered in the first place.)

(I know the explanation may sound confusing, it's a lot less complex than it
sounds, really.)

Is this correct? I'm running the 1.6-series, since that's the latest in
Debian testing.

Thanks!

/Fredrik