Examples for entering transactions

Ralph van Etten ralph2 at et10.org
Mon Jun 30 10:30:58 CDT 2003

Hello,

I've been using gnucash for a while now and I have a few questions. I
already searched the list archives but I couldn't find it in there.

1. Is there a website or FAQ on how to enter certain transactions ?
Sometimes, especially in the beginning, I spend a lot of time on finding
the best way to enter a transaction.

2. I've been using gnucash for tracking a list of expencive things which I
own, like a TV or a PC and it works well. But now I also want to use
gnucash to track the things I buy together with my girlfriend.
For instance: We go to the stores and buy a TV. The TV is charged on my
bankaccount and my girlfriend pays me back half of it later.
How can I enter this in gnucash so that I can have a list of all the
things we've bought together and at the same time see how much money my
girlfriend owes me ?
I've tried it with split transactions and lots of other things but I just
can't get it right. Does anyone uses gnucash in this way ?

Thanks,

Ralph van Etten