Using PostgreSQL

Dwayne Miller dmiller at espgroup.net
Sat Mar 1 10:52:22 CST 2003

I've finally managed to get Gnucash up and running.  Took an upgrade
from RH7.2 to RH8.0 to do it, but it's done.  I've also installed the
latest version of PostgreSQL and would like to set up my new Gnucash to
use the PostgreSQL backend.  But can't figure out how.

I used the RPMs to install Gnucash (from sourceforge)... does that come
compiled with PG support?  If so, a small pointer in the right direction
would be greatly appreciated.  So far, I have Gnucash installed, but I
have not done anything to set up any accounts.

Also, as I work a lot with SQL... where could I find a list of things
that don't work as they should with the Gnucash PG backend?  Maybe I can
help out in this area.

Tks,
Dwayne