GnuCash 1.8.0-1.RH8.0 refused to enter transaction

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 4 16:21:32 CST 2003

Roland Roberts <roland at astrofoto.org> writes:

>     ** CRITICAL **: file gnc-transaction-xml-v2.c: line 443 (set_tran_date): assertion `tm' failed.
[snip]

You've got scheduled transactions, right?  This usually occurs because
of a bug in how SX's store themselves internally.

>     Warning: PrintAmountInternal: Bad numeric.
[snip]

I still don't understand this.  Can you 'grep' your XML file for anything
that says "/0"?

>     Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkProgress'
>
>     Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkprogress.c: line 493 (gtk_progress_configure): assertion `progress != NULL' failed.

Hampton?

> Then I searched for transactions before 2000-01-01 and got no new
> messages.  Then I searched for transactions on or after 2000-01-01 and
> got no new messages.  I then tried searching based on the value,
> trying less than 200.00 and greater than or equal to 200.00.  Neither
> of those produced any more error messages either.  None of the
> searches were restricted in any other way (i.e., there was only one
> search criterion).

Ok, this probably means that the errors are part of the top-level
(main window)...

> FWIW, I have one account called "Investments which has sub-accounts
> some of which are denominated in various stocks/mutual funds on the
> NYSE and others of which are NY state 529 college savings plans which
> are private funds not listed on any exchange.  The parent account
> shows a balance (in the main account window of "$" while the
> subaccounts all show balances in their appropriate "ticker".  The
> actual account structure looks like this:

>    + Investments
>    |  |-- Pearson
>    |  |-- NYSCSP
>    |  |     |-- Jonathan
>    |  |     |-- Matthew
>    |  |-- Sequoia
>
> Could this be responsible for some of the error messages?  That lone
> "$" makes me wonder.  I have another account called "Retirement" with
> subaccounts *all* of which are NYSE listed and it shows a proper
> total.

This _could_ be the problem, however I'm leaning towards SXes.