Net Asset Calculation

W. Scott Wilburn wswilburn at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 10 20:12:18 CST 2003

I apologize if this has already discussed. Please refer me to the
relevant archives if so. (I looked through the last few months.)

I recently switched from 1.6.6 to 1.8.2 and simply opened my old file with
the new version.

In 1.6.6, the 'Net Assets' value displayed in the Accounts Status Bar
appeared to be

        net_assets = total_of_asset_accounts - total_of_liability_accounts

with equity, income, and expense accounts ignored. This seemed sensible.

In 1.8.2 'Net Assets' appears to be calculated quite differently. Can
someone explain the difference please?

BTW, the scheduled transaction stuff looks really good. I now have every
feature I need!

Best regards,
Scott Wilburn