Problem compiling g-wrap

Chris Hogan hoganc_26 at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 18 20:32:22 CST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 20:05, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Chris Hogan <hoganc_26 at yahoo.ca> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been working for some time to get GnuCash installed from
source...
> > but it's not there just yet.  I've successfully installed Guile
1.6.1,
> > SLIB 2d5, and gotten through most of my obstacles so far with g-wrap
> > (thanks to this list and from reading the archives)... but I can't
get
> > around this one. Below is what I get from doing a `make` (after a
> > successful `./configure` and `make clean`).  It seems that make has
> > trouble finding the necessary header files when trying to compile
> > gw-test-glib.lo. Upon inspection, this makes sense as the desired
> > headers files exist in the `../g-wrap` directory, which is not
covered
> > in the search path.  Am I right in my diagnosis of the problem?  How
> > should I resolve this?  (Side note, I'm running RedHat 8.1 and I've
> > gotten all of my source code from the GnuCash web site).
>
> Is there any reason you don't just install the g-wrap-1.3.4 and
> gnucash-1.8.2 RPMS that Red Hat distributes for RH-8.1?

Yeah... from reading up on the whole rpm debate, they just seem to be
problematic.  Is that not true?

> > Another (related) question... what is the meaning of
> >
> > cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory XXXXXX
> > cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
> > directory
>
> This is because rlb was confused about the gcc-3.2 issue and
> therefore failed to properly correct for it.
>
> > I have seen this many times while I've been working on getting
GnuCash
> > installed... though I do not understand what causes it nor it's
> > importance.
>
> GCC 3.2 complains when you manually add a directory to the include
> path that is already a part of the system include path.  In other
> words, gcc complains when you add -I/usr/include or
> -I/usr/local/include to the gcc command-line.

Thanks.

> [snip]
> > gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/glib-1.2
> > -I/usr/lib/glib/include -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -MT
gw-test-glib.lo
> > -MD -MP -MF .deps/gw-test-glib.Tpo -c gw-test-glib.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
> > .libs/gw-test-glib.lo
> > cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
> > "/usr/local/include"
> > cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
> > directory
> > gw-test-glib.c:7:34: g-wrap-compatibility.h: No such file or
directory
> > gw-test-glib.c:11:25: g-wrap-glib.h: No such file or directory
> > gw-test-glib.c:12:24: g-wrap-wct.h: No such file or directory
> > gw-test-glib.c:16:24: g-wrap-wct.h: No such file or directory
> > gw-test-glib.c: In function
>
> Do you by chance have another g-wrap installed on your system?
> This clearly is complaining about not finding g-wrap-compatibility.h,
> but I've _never_ seen this.  The only thing I can imagine is that
> you've got a g-wrap 1.2 installed somewhere and it's finding that
> before the includes in source tree.  This just looks weird....
>
> -derek
>
> --

The only reference that I can find to g-wrap is in the directory that
I'm trying to install if from.  I've done a query on the rpm database as
well as a `find / -iname g-wrap-compatibility.h`.