Problem compiling g-wrap

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 18 21:35:00 CST 2003

Chris Hogan <hoganc_26 at yahoo.ca> writes:

> > Is there any reason you don't just install the g-wrap-1.3.4 and
> > gnucash-1.8.2 RPMS that Red Hat distributes for RH-8.1?
>
> Yeah... from reading up on the whole rpm debate, they just seem to be
> problematic.  Is that not true?

No, it's not true.  If you install the RH-distributed RPMS it should
work just fine.  Indeed, RH8.1 should _HAVE_ both the appropriate
g-wrap and gnucash rpms... and you can (should?) just use those.

> > > gw-test-glib.c:7:34: g-wrap-compatibility.h: No such file or
> directory
> > > gw-test-glib.c:11:25: g-wrap-glib.h: No such file or directory
> > > gw-test-glib.c:12:24: g-wrap-wct.h: No such file or directory
> > > gw-test-glib.c:16:24: g-wrap-wct.h: No such file or directory
> > > gw-test-glib.c: In function
> >
> > Do you by chance have another g-wrap installed on your system?
> > This clearly is complaining about not finding g-wrap-compatibility.h,
> > but I've _never_ seen this.  The only thing I can imagine is that
> > you've got a g-wrap 1.2 installed somewhere and it's finding that
> > before the includes in source tree.  This just looks weird....
> >
> > -derek
> >
> > --
> >        Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
> >        Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
> >        warlord at MIT.EDU                        PGP key available
>
> The only reference that I can find to g-wrap is in the directory that
> I'm trying to install if from.  I've done a query on the rpm database as
> well as a `find / -iname g-wrap-compatibility.h`.

What do you get from:
        rpm -qa | grep -i g-wrap

The build works for me... Perhaps something else failed?