Adding new shares of stocks

Jim Seymour jim at 66-23-195-190.clients.speedfactory.net
Sun Mar 30 23:55:10 CST 2003

On 30 Mar 2003, Matt wrote:

> Derek,
>
> That is what I thought was the intended method of entry, unfortunatly
> that is not what gets calculated.
>
> When I enter 50 for shares, and $10 for price, I expect a buy to be
> filled in of $500.
>
> However, what really is happening is that a calculation appears to be
> happening under the hood, that overwrites my inputs and says that >

---snip----

I am coming in late on this and may have missed something.  Sounds like a
similar situation I was having while trying to enter a transaction on a
new fund.  The cure in my case was to use Tools - Price Editor - Add -
then select New Commodity - then use the Type button to set the type and
use the New button to add the information.  Make sure you enter a value,
date, etc. before clicking okay.  You should be able to use the function
as expected after that.

Hope that proves helpful,

---
Jim Seymour