Printing

plussier at mindspring.com plussier at mindspring.com
Thu May 1 14:32:53 CDT 2003

In a message dated: 01 May 2003 08:09:36 PDT
Dan Means said:

>I'd be surprised if you could find Linux drivers for a USB printer. So
>far, I've only found Win32 drivers...

Hogwash, I've got a brand-new HP 1770 Photo-printer hooked up to one
of my many Linux systems that prints just fine.  It's connected via
USB and has worked flawlessly from day 1.

I have not yet found a USB device that doesn't work under Linux.
Actually, I've found devices that work just fine under Linux, but not
under Windows.

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 03:01, David Rose wrote:
> Is it possible to print to a USB printer as I can only find options to
> print to PDF or Postscript?

You need to configure the printer first.  It doesn't matter if it's
USB, parallel, or network based.  GnuCash will use the underlying
print-spool system to print.  If you can already print from the
command line and/or other applications, GnuCash is no different.
Just specify the command you normally use from the command line to
print in the <> Printer box and click Ok.

If you have more than one printer, or multiple printer instances,
then you need to specify the name of the printer you wish to print
with.

If you haven't configured printing for your system yet, then you
won't be able to print.

HTH,
--

Seeya,