bug in 1.8.3 QIF importer

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat May 17 16:22:39 CDT 2003

There is a bug in the QIF importer in 1.8.3 that may cause the
majority of QIF imports to create transactions with zero value.  The
fix is a simple patch to the scheme code in qif-file.scm (found in
src/import-export/qif-import/qif-file.scm in the source tree, or
somewhere in your install tree).

The change is:

 (define qif-bad-numeric-rexp
-  (make-regexp "^\.\.\."))
+  (make-regexp "^\\.\\.\\."))

In other words, change \.\.\. to \\.\\.\\.

This change is already in CVS, and you should be able to make this
change either in the sources or in your installed version.  With this
change, QIF imports work again.

I appologize for the inconvenience (I _thought_ I tested this
thoroughly), and we're hoping to release a 1.8.4 next weekend to
correct the problem.