Online Quotes for UK stocks and funds

Conor O'Neill Conor at puddle.co.uk
Sat May 17 18:36:04 CDT 2003

Dear GnuCash mailing list.

I have recently started using GnuCash 1.8.1 with Mandrake 9.1.

I've fiddled around a bit with the standard bank-account stuff, and it
all looks pretty groovy. But I haven't managed to make much progress
with investment accounts, commodities, and in particular the online
quotes stuff, just by using the help pages.

I don't know what bits to use, and what to answer, when asked for
commodity types, CUSIP codes, and the various permitted sources for
online quotes. I've managed to set up an example for Vodafone shares,
with stock code VOD, but the Yahoo Europe source then tells me they are
priced in Euros instead of pounds.

Does anyone have any pointers to getting all this working? I'd like to
be able to track UK stocks and shares, UK Funds, and perhaps pension
funds too. So I'd specifically appreciate any help which deals with the
UK sources of quotes.

I've looked through the last couple of months of messages in the GnuCash
mailing list, and I haven't seen anything there.

Thanks...

Conor O'Neill, at home in Bristol, UK                conor at puddle.co.uk