transfer from incoming

Joerg Sommer joerg at alea.gnuu.de
Mon May 19 15:53:30 CDT 2003

begin  Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> Joerg Sommer <joerg at alea.gnuu.de> writes:
>
>> Bad. What can I do to tell this account, I must give something back? I've
>> got 100 Euro, but I should got only 80 Euro. The transaction to my bank
>> account is 100 in and now I must tranfer 20 Euro out. At the end of the
>> year, the income account should show me the sum of what I've really got.
>
> If you need to reduce your income then you can just invert the
> transaction..  -20 income and -20 checking.

But then, the amount is reduced from the bank account, too. This looks
crazy:
Bank account:
Total Withdrawal = 20
Bank acc - withdrawal = 20
income acc - deposit = 20

Income account:
Total Charge = 20
income acc - charge = 20
Bank acc - income = 20

The amount is reduced from the bank and the income account, but nowhere
added.

Joerg.