transfer from incoming

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 20 10:52:40 CDT 2003

Joerg Sommer <joerg at alea.gnuu.de> writes:

> > Now you will find that your income account has a balance of $100 and
> > your bank account ALSO has a balance of $100.  Now let's say you spend
>
> Right, but now my employer says: You've got to much salary, you must pay
> $20 back.
>
> Yes, the income account is very magic. :) Now, I found my fould in
> thinking. Thank you.

Ok, so your employer wants $20 back.  That means you have $20 less
income and $20 less in your bank.  So you need to reduce Bank and also
reduce income with an inverted transaction:

Employer Fix
  Bank          $20
  Income                $20

This will reduce Income and reduce your bank account by $20, which is
what you want in this situation.