Filtering problem with Transaction Reports

Chris Gentle gentlec at hiwaay.net
Tue May 20 23:01:07 CDT 2003

Hi.  I'm having a Transaction Report problem.  I wonder if someone
could help me out and let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Basically, I want to see what Expenses:House:Improvements
transactions that I put on a particular credit card (liability)
account during the past month.  I want to setup a filter so that
only Expenses:House:Improvements show up in my report.  Seems fairly
simple.

I begin by starting a Transaction Report.  I go to the "Accounts"
tab and select my credit card account in the "Report Accounts" box
and Expenses:House:Improvements in the "Filter Accounts" box.  Then
I set the "Filter Type" to "Include Transactions to/from Filter
Account".  I also set the report style to "Multi-Line" in order to
see more information about the transactions.

The resulting report completely leaves out all transactions that
were Split transactions.  It only includes transactions that were
not Splits.  In my particular case, only one of my transactions
showed up in the report and there were quite a few that should have
been there.

Similarly, if I set the "Filter Type" to "Exclude Transactions" then
once again, Splits will be ignored and will NOT be excluded from the
report.

It looks like that when the "Filter Type" is set to anything other
than "None", all matching transactions that are within a Split will
not be included in or excluded from the report.  Setting "Filter
Type" to "None" shows all transactions, even those inside Splits.

Can anyone try running a similar report and see if you can verify
this?

I'm using GnuCash 1.8.3 compiled from source.

Thanks!

--
Chris