Import from Money

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 21 11:45:13 CDT 2003

Daniel Mazzucco <mazzuccod at yahoo.com.ar> writes:

> Hello Derek,
>
> I changed "Tipo" for "Type", but the problem continued. So, I changed
> "Oth P" (Other Pasivos in Spanish) for "Oth L" (Other Liabilities),
> and it was OK. I tried changing "Banco" for "Bank" in other QIF file,
> and it was OK also.

SIGH....  *this* problem again.  Intuit (or Microsoft) should be SHOT
for doing this!  The data file should NOT have internationalized type
codes!

> As you said, the problem is in the language, so I will send the
> suggest to bugzilla.gnome.org.

Well, before you do -- there is nothing we can do about 'Oth P' v.
'Oth L' or 'Banco' v. 'Bank'.  There is just no way to deal with that
in any reasonable fashion.  The fact that you had to change both
"type" and the actual type is not something we can cope with.  But
feel free to file a report -- and please put the mappings in there.

> Do you know about the field "customer" or "supplier" in cash accounts?
> Here in Argentina we made all the payments by cash, and it is our
> principal account.

Can you give me an example?  I dont know.

> Thank you very much for your help.

You're welcome.

> Saludos,
> Daniel.