Qui--en is double entry, too.

Brian deusenet at increa.com
Wed May 21 22:01:52 CDT 2003

In GnuCash, things are double entry, and I read a bunch
of debate on the difficulty or appropriateness of this.

It just dawned on me today, any program does the same
thing, including the Q program.  It's just that GnuCash
calls both sides an account.  In Q, one side is called
an account, and the other is called a category.

So what's in a name?  It's still double entry!  One place
where money comes from and one where it goes to.  This
was an intellectually free-ing thought for me. :-)

--
Brian