Qui--en is double entry, too.

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Wed May 28 00:10:33 CDT 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 09:01:52PM -0700, Brian was heard to remark:
> It just dawned on me today, any program does the same
> thing, including the Q program.  It's just that GnuCash
> calls both sides an account.  In Q, one side is called
> an account, and the other is called a category.

Last time I used quicken (which was a *long* time ago)
it was impossible to balance categories, or to perform
any sort of meaningful operations on them.

> So what's in a name?  It's still double entry!  One place

Well, in quicken, the categories don't balance!

> where money comes from and one where it goes to.  This
> was an intellectually free-ing thought for me. :-)

the concept is not hard, it just has to work correctly!

--linas