Dependencies

Brian deusenet at increa.com
Wed May 21 22:03:41 CDT 2003

I'm running GnuCash 1.4.1 from my Mandrake 8.0 distro
CDROM.  I want to upgrade to v 1.8.3.  RH rpms seem
to work on Mandrake, but to be safe, I grabbed the
Mandrake GnuCash v 1.8.2 rpm.  To install it, I also
grabbed the packages it depends on, e.g. the list at:

http://www.gnucash.org/en/required.phtml

slib 2d5 installed fine.

My current gnome install has lots of pieces, mostly
v1.2 libs and other portions up to v1.4.  I guess
I'm running v1.4 ??

G-wrap 0.2.5 is installed, and when I try to install
1.3.4, it requires guile.

Guile 1.4 is installed, and when I try to install
1.6, it requires guppi.

I have no Guppi installed, but when I try to install
0.40.3, it says "libgal.so.21<>=S is needed" and
"libguppi.so.16<>=S is needed".

Now I'm down in the weeds.  I don't recognize these two
things, and they don't look like package distributions.
Are they a small piece of something else I'm suppose to
install?

--
Brian