Generic Transaction matcher; how to manually select the matching transaction

Jochen De Smet jdsmet at yucom.be
Sun Nov 2 13:18:36 CST 2003

I just ran into a problem when importing the latest
information from my bank (QFX). On september 23rd, I
wrote a check that didn't get cashed till over a month
later (oct 26 i think). When i imported the file
containing that transaction, i checked the R column and
then clicked to find the matching transaction. The
problem is that the sept. 23 transaction was not in the
list.

So here's my questions:

1- Is there any was to manually select the transaction
to match to, when the one you want is not in the offered list?

2- If not, what's the correct way to handle this? What I did
was just import the transaction as new and then remove my
original manually entered one.

3- Is there a way to influence the list of transactions the
generic importer chooses to show you? In 99.999% of all my
transactions the amount is correct but the date can be a few
days off due to effective/posting dates. So I'd like to be
able to tell GNUCash not to show me any transactions that don't
match the exact amount.

J.

--
Jochen De Smet <jdsmet at yucom.be>