Scheduled Transactions Howto?

Sebastien Millet milletse at club-internet.fr
Mon Nov 3 03:24:20 CST 2003

Hi,

> I am trying to start using GNU Cash. I am running Gentoo with GNUCash
> 1.8.4. Everything seemed to be going pretty well until I tried to
> start setting up scheduled transactions. Most of my payments are
> either 4 weekly or monthly direct debits and I would like to add them
> all in as I used to in Quicken.
>
> All I really want to do is tell it what dates they are taken on, and
> how much they are (generally fixed amounts each month). I have
> searched all over for some kind of guide to this, and I cannot find
> it. If I have missed it I would appreciate someone pointing it out to
> me.
>
> If I haven't missed it I would be happy to put together a simple guide
> if anyone is willing to help me figure out how to get scheduled
> transactions working.

The way i do is to normally enter the transaction in the ledger, then
right click and select "Cédule" (sorry for the french word, i think the
english translation is "Schedule").

Another way is, in the accounts window, by going in the "Actions" menu,
"Scheduled transactions" (again, it may not be the exact english word)
submenu, and select "Scheduled transactions editor" (approximate english
word). A window pops up and you can add, remove or modify your scheduled
transaction.

Hope this helps, and please forgive my poor english :-)

Bye.