Generic Transaction matcher; how to manually select the matching transaction

Ed Hennis eah+gnucash-user at vaxer.net
Mon Nov 3 23:55:36 CST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, 11:48pm (-0500), Benoit Grégoire wrote:

> On Sunday 02 November 2003 13:18, Jochen De Smet wrote:
> > 2- If not, what's the correct way to handle this? What I did
> > was just import the transaction as new and then remove my
> > original manually entered one.
> You can also uncheck it and it won't get imported.  However the advantage of
> your method is that it won't show up again if you download it a second time.

I had this happen to me the other day.  What I did was to cancel the
matcher, edit the original transaction's date to be the same as the
cleared transaction, and re-run the matcher.  That found the match.  Then
when I was done, I edited the original date back to where it should have
been.

--
Go not to Dave Barry for counsel, for he will make a booger joke,
and say that "The Booger Counsels" would be a good name for a band.