[Fwd: ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:]

Mike Dougherty MikeD at san.rr.com
Wed Nov 12 08:49:47 CST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 08:31, Mike Dougherty wrote:

> > From: Mike Dougherty <MikeD at san.rr.com>
> > To: gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org
> > Subject: ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> > Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:26:22 -0800
> >
> > First, off. I've been using GnuCash for a long time and I really
> > appreciate all the effort you guys put into it. Thanks!
> >
> > Now, after all this time I have a problem that I cannot for the life
> > of me figure out myself or through your docs so I have to bug you
> > with it. I'm running RedHat 8 and I used Red-Carpet to update my
> > system last week. Everything seems to be working fine now except
> > GnuCash. I get the following when attempting to start the program:
> >
> > [user at localhost]~(4:15pm)[109]->gnucash
> > ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> > ERROR: file not found
> >
> > Any ideas what caused the problem and how I can make it work again?
> >
> > Thanks for any and all help.
> > Mike

OK, so in order to attempt to diagnosis this on my own I figured I would
compile it and see which errors were reported and (hopefully) that would
tell me which library is misbehaving. So I ran "./configure" and
received the following output:

checking for main in -lgal... Unknown library `gal'
no
configure: error: gal library not found. See the README and config.log
for more info.

However, I have gal's installed all over the place:

[user at loclahost]~(8:39am)[71]->rpm -qa | grep gal
libgal18-0.18.1-ximian.1
libgal23-0.24-1.80.ximian.1
libgal21-0.23-1.80.ximian.1
libgal2.0_3-1.99.8-0.ximian.5.3
galeon-1.3.5-0.ximian.5.7
libgal19-0.19.2-4
libgal2.0_5-1.99.10-0.ximian.5.1
libgal7-0.8-7

How do I tell configure to use one of these installed libgal's? I'm kind
of behind the gun here as I need to balance my accounts, so any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Dougherty
Software Engineer - Java
<MikeD at san.rr.com>
858.232.3635
Fingerprint: 91EB 9D01 E760 C49D 7316 BE80 1CF0 3653 369A 385D