merge transactions?

Sergio Dominguez sergio at skynet.ie
Thu Nov 13 16:22:52 CST 2003

hi everyone,

I have a general question which I am not sure about, I have no clue about accounting
just trying to put some order in my sad finances!

OK, let's say that I do the shopping with my card,

that is one transaction from Exp: Grc to L: Card (well, or the other way around)

Then, some days later, Safeway charges it into my account, that is
L:credit card to Ass:My Account.

Is there one simple way of once this last step is given and I check that
everything is OK I do something so that the intermediate step through my
card (which I cannot reconcile anyway) disappears and the
transaction is shown directly as Ex:Groceries -> Ass:My account?

This would be good for several reasons. amonst them I by looking at
my card account I would be able to see only the transactions
which are pending of being charged into my bank account, and not the whole
historic.

Obviously without editting myself one transaction and deleting the other.

Would not this be nice or am I not seeing something really obvious?

Thanks,

Sergio

--
After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known quotations.
		-- H.L. Mencken, on Shakespeare