1.8.8 Upgrade - Issue: Preferences reset to defaults

Stewart V. Wright svwright+lists at amtp.liv.ac.uk
Sun Nov 23 10:57:37 CST 2003

Hi,

I've just upgraded from 1.8.7 to 1.8.8 and for some reason my
preferences were reset to the defaults.  I also noticed this behaviour
when upgrading from 1.8.6 to 1.8.7...

I downloaded the .tar.gz and created my own RH9 .rpm which I then used
to upgrade my system (as root).

Then running as a non-root user I found that my preferences -- the two
that I noticed were default currency (for both New Accts and Reports)
and the open account -- were both reset the the GnuCash defaults.

My ~/.gnucash/config-1.8.auto file has the date of the upgrade (which
I guess is a result of me resetting the currency).

Is this an undocumented feature(!), a new bug or deliberate?

Cheers,

S.