Strategies for closing the books (or not) and carrying customers forward

Adrian Simmons adrinux at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 1 14:56:35 CDT 2003

Hello,

I've not managed to find anything recent in the list archives about
this, but my apologies if this re-treads previous discussions.

I'm wondering how people currently deal with closing the books at the
end of a year. Do you copy over the old files, rename them and then
delete all the transactions?

I'm particularly wondering about the business features, and how to make
sure customers vendors etc get transfered to the new year.

Alternatively I'm thinking of not closing out the books (they aren't
very complicated and don't have many entries) and just using the report
features to generate the info I need for my (UK) tax return.

How do you, dear gnucash users, deal with this?

FYI I'm using Gnucash 1.8.5 installed on OSX 10.2 using Fink.

Adrian