configure: error: gtkhtml

ghaverla at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca ghaverla at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue Oct 7 09:13:14 CDT 2003

David Hampton wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 05:48, benfay wrote:
>> there is no gtkhtml1.1-devel package for debian.
>> i have libgtkhtml1.1-dev installed which i assume is equivalent
>> to gtkhtml1.1-devel.  is it not?

> Sorry, I'm a RedHat user.  I don't know the debian packaging
> scheme.  My gtkhtml-devel package contains a bunch of files
> under /usr/include/gtkhtml-1.1/gtkhtml, and the following three
> additional files:

> /usr/lib/libgtkhtml-1.1.a
> /usr/lib/libgtkhtml-1.1.so
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gtkhtml-1.1.pc

> This last file is the one the script is trying to find.  It
> contains the info on where the compiler can find all the other
> files in the package.

[I'm just a bystander who uses Debian]

Debian isn't showing gtkhtml-1.1 devel packages that I can find.
It has 1.0.4, 2*, ....

But even then, there is no /usr/lib/pkgconfig directory used in
the -dev package.  There is a gtkhtmlConf.sh file in /usr/lib
listed in the package (which I don't have installed).  Looking at
gnucash 1.8.7-4, I see libgtkhtml20-1.0.4-5.1 as a dependency, so
I think I have the correct -dev package picked out.

Gord