Gnucash on Mandrake 9.2

Lewis Parker almalew at highstream.net
Mon Oct 13 09:58:04 CDT 2003

Gnucash is included as part of the Mandrake 9.2 software program and is
automatically installed. After Mandrake linux system is up and running,
  I click the Gnucash startup icon. A 2 by 3 inch Gnucash icon appears
on the main screen and indicates that that the various modules are being
installed.

Then the Gnucash icon disappears from the main screen and nothing
happens. There is no indication of a crash--the screen graphics just
don't appear

I have tried both removing and re-installing Gnucash and removing
re-installing the entire Mandrake 9.2 system.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?