Gnucash on Mandrake 9.2

John Reynolds gnucash at reynj.fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 13 16:49:38 CDT 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:58:04 -0700, "Lewis Parker"
<almalew at highstream.net> said:
> Gnucash is included as part of the Mandrake 9.2 software program and is
> automatically installed. After Mandrake linux system is up and running,
>   I click the Gnucash startup icon. A 2 by 3 inch Gnucash icon appears
> on the main screen and indicates that that the various modules are being
> installed.
>
> Then the Gnucash icon disappears from the main screen and nothing
> happens. There is no indication of a crash--the screen graphics just
> don't appear
>
> I have tried both removing and re-installing Gnucash and removing
> re-installing the entire Mandrake 9.2 system.
>
> Can anyone help me solve this problem?

I can't offer much, but have you tried starting from a terminal?
  you-as-user> gnucash &

I think that when it exits, it should echo some info/error to the
terminal for you to read.

If I'm wrong... sorry... and hopfully someone else will offer more.

JR