Cheques and Reconciling

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 15 00:00:30 CDT 2003

The general answer is "don't worry about it".

The more specific answer is "date the transaction the date you
initiate it, and then mark it as 'cleared' when the transaction
actually hits the account".

unfortunately there is no 'cleared date' or 'reconciled date' that
lets you see exactly when a transaction cleared the institution,
or was reconciled.

-derek