(no subject)

Lewis Parker almalew at highstream.net
Thu Oct 16 10:52:47 CDT 2003

 Gnucash is included as part of the Mandrake 9.2 software program and is
> automatically installed. After Mandrake linux system is up and running,
>   I click the Gnucash startup icon. A 2 by 3 inch Gnucash icon appears
> on the main screen and indicates that that the various modules are being
> installed.
>
> Then the Gnucash icon disappears from the main screen and nothing
> happens. There is no indication of a crash--the screen graphics just
> don't appear
>
> I have tried both removing and re-installing Gnucash and removing
> re-installing the entire Mandrake 9.2 system.

I received a suggestion from JR to try starting Gnucash in a terminal in order to get an answer.

Results were as follows:

The font "-adobe -Helvetica-medium.o-normal--2 -120-#-# does not support all the required character sets for the current locale "en-US"

(Missing Character set " ISO8859-1" FATAL ERROR: gnucash_style_set_ register... cannot load font).

Can anyone suggest the next step?

Thanks