Problem saving files

Mathieu Masse mathieu_masse at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 23 11:39:12 CDT 2003

Hi list,

    I am new to gnucash, just installed it yesterday and ran into the
following problem, which completly prevents me from using it. This is
after a clean install (using gnucash-1.8.7-1.9.i386.rpm for Redhat 9.0
from the link provide on gnucash.org), when I start gnucash I get the
following error message:

    The File /home/mathieu/Finances/Personal_Finances could not be
found.

After when I create my account and try to save using File/Save As, and
try to save it to the following file /home/mathieu/finance/account I get
the following error:

    The file /home/mathieu/.gnucash/data/finance/account could not be
found.

I tried googling and bugzilla and couldn't find anything, what's the
problem

TIA, Mathieu

--
Mathieu Massé M.Sc.

Homer Simpson's brain says:
We're laughing with her, Marge. There's a big difference. Ha ha ha!
...with her.