GnuCash and Debian 3.0

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sat Oct 25 12:29:57 CDT 2003

Hello, everyone.

I am wondering whether anyone has had any problems running GnuCash on
Debian Linux 3.0.

I am currently running (an earlier version, I believe, of) GnuCash on
Red Hat Linux 7.3, and I have found this last week, from the Red Hat
site, that Red Hat Linux disappears in six months, so I am considering
moving to Debian stable, the latest version of which, I believe, is 3.0
(named woody, I think).

I understand that Fedora Linux will take the place of Red Hat Linux, but
there appears to be a reduction in the number of applicable CD's,
implying that Fedora Linux will lack much of what is contained in Red
Hat Linux.

I am not trying to start any "distro war" on this list; I am merely
trying to find whether there are any problems installing, setting up,
and running, the latest version of GnuCash on Debian Linux 3.0, and
giving my reasons.

I assume that the latest version of GnuCash runs on Debian Linux 3.0.

Thanks in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale