Compiling GNU Cash on OS X

Stephen Fisher slfisherf1 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 30 20:23:14 CST 2003

Probably not the right place for this question but this thread seems to
have folks who may be able to answer the question.
Glade and guile archives are no help. Not even sure of which of the 100
glade mail lists to post to to ask.

New to unix.
Want to install gnucash.
Trying to work through dependencies rather than do the fink-wait-a-day
process.
Successfully installed autoconf, automake, gnome and gtk +2 Both glade
and guile error out with similar problem.

checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
### execution of ./configure failed, exit code 1
Failed: compiling glade-0.6.4-3 failed

Appear to be missing a c compiler.
Guessing error is pretty basic.
Guessing has something to do with trying to install from source vs
binary.
Not sure what to do next.

Stephen