Budgeting Idea

Stewart V. Wright svwright+lists at amtp.liv.ac.uk
Fri Sep 5 17:00:04 CDT 2003

* Rick Ziegler <rick at zieglernet.org> [030905 15:49]:
> I'll try to be brief:

Can you try not to be quite so brief?  ;-)

> 1)   Alternate account heirarchies on a per-report basis.
>    *) Budget "categories" are placeholder accounts in this alternate,
> report specific heirarchy
>    *) placeholder accounts have information on budget target / limit.
> 2)   Budgeting done primarily in reports.
>
> Having the ability to arrange your accounts differently would be
> valuable for more than just a budget report.
>
> This seems to me a reasonable starting point.

Perhaps it is the Friday afternoon fever striking me, but I don't
quite see what you are offering is any different than we have been
discussing.

Can you clarify somewhat?

Also, it might be easier to those following this discussion if you
replied to the recent (main) budgeting thread - thus we could find
your contributions more easily on the web archive...  But that is just
my $0.02 worth.

Cheers,

S.