Upgrading to 1.8.5

Olivier Boursin olivier.boursin at skynet.be
Sun Sep 7 11:31:47 CDT 2003

Hi,

Dans son message précédent, William L Zitterich écrivait:

> Surely many others have made this combination (mdk 9.1 & gc 1.8.5)
> work. Suggestions, please.

As suggested by Benoît a few replies above, when you meet a cross
dependencies between packages to be installed, the only way round is
to install them both *at the same time*, in *one* command line,
*without* the graphic interface which cannot cope with this situation.

So, in a console:

 # su
 # rpm -Uvh lib1.rpm lib2.rpm

I use the same config as yours (mdk9.1 + gc1.8.5), but I didn't
encounter your problem.

--
Olivier