ANNOUNCE: Release of GnuCash stable version 1.8.7

John Reynolds gnucash at reynj.fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 15 09:26:46 CDT 2003

Fabien,

Usually it it a couple months between releases. If you read the "What's new in
1.8.7" you will see that this most current release was to correct a couple
build problems that were introduced in 1.8.6.

It is my understanding that the choice to move to "7" instead of "6a" was so
there would be less confusion for us users, who have probably already
downloaded 1.8.6.  Keep in mind that this is a minor release (last digit
change).

When the developers are putting out a major version change they will post
"odd" versions (look for 1.9.0) with many minor changes (1.9.1, 1.9.2, 1.9.3)
every week or couple weeks during the beta testing/release canidate period.
When its good enough to be released upon the masses you will see another even
numbered release (look for 1.10.0, or if the gnome2 port is complete, 2.0.0)

I also appreciate the active development of gnucash... and I leave it at that.

John R