questions

John Reynolds gnucash at reynj.fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 15 11:08:39 CDT 2003

On Monday 15 September 2003 09:53 am, bob belanger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using 1.8.5 and I can't seem to find a way to dump ( to a plain text
> file ) the chart of accounts.
>
> Do we have that "feature" someplace ?

You can do and "export" which will create a new .xml chart of accounts (same
as your current, but with zero balences). Then use this new file, and strip
out the <> markings, change to .txt.  Not perfect but will work.

> Is is possible to move existing data file to pgsql  ?

I have to defer to someone else on this. There is a sql backend in available,
but is being worked on to improve is abilities. Migrating from the .xml to
sql ?? I don't know how.

> Is there an "autosave"  after a specified number of transactions.. so
> that I don't shoot my other foot off ?

In the new 1.8.7 version, there is a .log replay option which should be a big
help if you forget to save after making recent changes.

> thanks
>
> /bobb

Hope this helps,

John R.