questions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 15 13:16:41 CDT 2003

John Reynolds <gnucash at reynj.fastmail.fm> writes:

> > Is is possible to move existing data file to pgsql  ?
>
> I have to defer to someone else on this. There is a sql backend in available,
> but is being worked on to improve is abilities. Migrating from the .xml to
> sql ?? I don't know how.

File -> Save As

Then supply a postgres URI for the "filename".  Note that you need to
have the PG Backend built, and also note that this wont work with ANY
new-in-1.8 features. (scheduled transactions, business features, etc
are not supported in the pg backend).

> > Is there an "autosave"  after a specified number of transactions.. so
> > that I don't shoot my other foot off ?
>
> In the new 1.8.7 version, there is a .log replay option which should be a big
> help if you forget to save after making recent changes.

Correct.  There is no autosave.  You should always "save early, save
often".  Just hit "save" a lot.  Get in the habit of doing it all the
time.