No account selectable when posting a bill (v1.8.5)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 23 13:50:05 CDT 2003

Patrick Van der Veken <Patrick.VanderVeken at pandora.be> writes:

> Actually you are right. Never really thought about this. But what I do when I
> post a bill is post into an account of type bank. Isn't this the normal
> procedure? And why do they show in 1.8.2 but not in 1.8.5?

The Business Bill interface is meant to be used with Accounts Payable.
So, no, posting a Bill to Bank is NOT the normal procedure..  When you're
entering a Bill, you're entering a Liability -- this bill arrived, so I
owe someone money.  Later, when you Process Payment it pays off the Liability
from your Bank account.

As for why it was changed, well, the interface changed because it was
broken (it let you post to non A/P accounts).