No account selectable when posting a bill (v1.8.5)

Patrick Van der Veken Patrick.VanderVeken at pandora.be
Wed Sep 24 00:29:22 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 18:50, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Patrick Van der Veken <Patrick.VanderVeken at pandora.be> writes:
> > Actually you are right. Never really thought about this. But what I do
> > when I post a bill is post into an account of type bank. Isn't this the
> > normal procedure? And why do they show in 1.8.2 but not in 1.8.5?
>
> The Business Bill interface is meant to be used with Accounts Payable.
> So, no, posting a Bill to Bank is NOT the normal procedure..  When you're
> entering a Bill, you're entering a Liability -- this bill arrived, so I
> owe someone money.  Later, when you Process Payment it pays off the
> Liability from your Bank account.
>
> As for why it was changed, well, the interface changed because it was
> broken (it let you post to non A/P accounts).
>
> -derek

Hi Derek,

This is troublesome. I have nearly 3 years of data in my files and if I have
to start changing everything around then well :/. Guess I will be stuck with
v1.8.2 for a long while to come..

By the way, if I follow correctly now, processing a bill takes 3 steps?:
* enter the bill
* post the bill (to A/P)
* process payment

Is this right?

Patrick Van der Veken
KUDOS BVBA - Baan/UNIX Consultancy
patrick_at_kudos.cx - patrick.vanderveken_at_pandora.be
http://www.ux-core.com - http://www.baanboard.com
Tel: +32.477.63.52.55 - Fax: n/a
500 EURO per message, and acknowledges the legality of this contract