Gnucash for a lot of clients

Laurent Duperval lduperval at videotron.ca
Tue Sep 23 16:11:26 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:

>What do you mean?  Do you mean an accoutant maintain the accounting
>information for lots of clients?  Or do you mean a business that
>has lots of customers?

The latter.

>At this point there isn't a mailing-label infrastructure, but one
>could be made readily by a guile script.

Ah, Guile. :-)

Actually, what I was thinking of doing is, since OpenOffice.org has
support for labels and mail merging, I would try to use the data from GC
as a data source. I'm not sure how I'd do that without a database
backend though.

The reason I'm not using the postgres backend is that I make heavy use
of scheduled transactions and the DB backend doesn't support that yet.
However, I'm not sure whether I would need that support in a business
situation.

Is it possible to compile the postgres backend but only use it for
certain of my GC files?

<Laurent Duperval> lduperval at videotron.ca

Pourquoi remettre à demain ce que l'on peut faire après-demain?