Gnucash for a lot of clients

Derek Neighbors derek at gnue.org
Tue Sep 23 14:18:15 CDT 2003

> Ah, Guile. :-)
>
> Actually, what I was thinking of doing is, since OpenOffice.org has
> support for labels and mail merging, I would try to use the data from GC
>  as a data source. I'm not sure how I'd do that without a database
> backend though.

If someone were to make a gnue-common dbdriver for the gnucash data
format.  You could use gnue-reports.  It fully supports label making today
as well as mail merge support for about any word processor inlcuding open
office.

> The reason I'm not using the postgres backend is that I make heavy use
> of scheduled transactions and the DB backend doesn't support that yet.
> However, I'm not sure whether I would need that support in a business
> situation.

I didn't think the Postgres backend had any of the business features?

Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise