Newby questions

Eric Schwartz emschwar at pobox.com
Tue Sep 30 08:36:28 CDT 2003

> 2.  Where would it be appropriate to put an Income Tax refund?  It
> really isn't an Income.  Should it be a credit to Federal Tax?  Would
> this mess up the tax calculations for the year?

As Doug pointed out, only your accountant can tell you the best way to
handle this.
That being said, how *I* handle it is to mark it as Income, as that way
I can verify the amount of tax paid listed on my W-2 against my
records.  I think there is probably more justification for marking it
as a refund of taxes paid, but that's not how I do it.

-=Eric