Y2K

Michael D. Crawford crawford at goingware.com
Thu Apr 1 18:36:38 EST 2004

I'm using Gnucash 1.8.8 on PowerPC debian testing.

It seems that a date entered as "4/1/04" is considered different from
"4/1/2004".  The first is displayed just as I wrote it, but the second is
printed in the window as "4/1/20".

What is really odd is that when I started up Gnucash today, and opened a window
to put some transactions in, there was an empty transaction waiting to receive
data that had the date "4/1/04" - so Gnucash knew what day it was, but after I
entered it, it was sorted in the table to before all of my transactions where I
had entered "2004" as the date.

What's the right way to enter dates in Gnucash, so it really has the right date?
  My transaction dates aren't consistent right now.  I can go fix them so
they're all the same way, but I need to know what the right format is.

Thanks!

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com
crawford at goingware.com

     "I give you this one rule of conduct. Do what you will, but speak
      out always. Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared,
      be in doubt, but don't be gagged."
      -- John J. Chapman, "Make a Bonfire of Your Reputations"
         http://www.goingware.com/reputation/