Y2K

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 1 19:25:13 EST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Michael D. Crawford wrote:

> What's the right way to enter dates in Gnucash, so it really has the right
> date?  My transaction dates aren't consistent right now.  I can go fix
> them so they're all the same way, but I need to know what the right format
> is.

Mike,

  I don't know that mm/dd/yy is the "right" way, but it's worked for me
consistently. That's what I see when I fire up the application and all dates
sort properly. I believe that for most of us allowing the first two digits
of the year to default to the current century will work just fine. IOW, use
only the last two digits of the year.

HTH,

Rich

--