installing on OSX

Tristan Chase ubu69 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 2 20:14:18 EST 2004

On Monday, Mar 29, 2004, at 09:55 America/New_York, Victor van
Reijswoud wrote:

> I may have not looked well enough, but I cannot find the installation
> procedure for GNUCash on OSX. Can someone help me with a HOWTO to do
> this?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Victor

I have gone through the process of installing GnuCash on OS X and can
point you in the right direction. First, some questions:

Do you have the following installed:

1. X11
2. fink
3. gcc or compiler of your choice

If you already have fink, I would highly recommend getting Fink
Commander (http://finkcommander.sourceforge.net/).

If you have all of the above, you are ready for the next step, which is
installing the packages.

If you do not have the above, you will need them to compile, install
and run GnuCash. I found that fink itself took about 1GB of disk space.
You may need another 1GB for the packages required by the program (I
found out the hard way by exceeding the capacity of  my little 10GB
hard drive).

If you need help with any of these steps, just ask. I have done all of
these things myself with little experience.

-Tristan Chase