trouble getting check register

Alan H. Lake alan.lake at lakeinfoworks.com
Tue Apr 6 22:05:18 EDT 2004

I am managing a church's treasury with gnuCash 1.8.8.  The account
structure is
Assets
  Current Assets
    Checking Account
      Altar Guild
      Building
      Camp
      General
I would like to get a check register that combines the data from all of
the sub accounts into the Checking Account.  I did a right-click on the
Checking Account and selected Open Subaccounts.  The window that opens
does not contain check register information.  When I run the report from
that window, the running totals are not correct, because they don't show
the sum of the subaccounts, only the first subaccount.  It also doesn't
show which entries have been reconciled and which aren't.  I don't know
whether this is a bug or whether this isn't the register that I'm
looking for.  Can anyone help me?
Thanks.  Alan