Problem with OS X 10.3

Brian Morton gnucash at restaurants101.com
Sat Apr 10 03:34:11 EDT 2004

Hi Michel,

I don't know if you caught Tristan's answer to this question, but maybe
I can re-phrase it.

Are you typing "gnucash" (without the quotes) in the xterm application
(it is a terminal style app) provided by the X11 application ? Or, are
you typing "gnucash" in the Terminal program in the Aqua environment in
OSX. They are different and the one you want is X11.

If you are running fink, you probably have X11 installed ? If not, you
can install it (and the X11 SDK) from your Panther install discs. Then
you would start X11 (double clickable from the Utilities folder inside
your Applications folder), which will open and xterm, then type in
"gnucash" in the xterm window and you should be in business. Later, you
can customize the Application menu in X11, with a command like
/sw/bin/gnucash, as a path name to gnucash and you will be able to
start it with a click on a menu.

I have tried configuring my Terminal application a few times to open
X11 applications using the Display variable and it still does not work
correctly. However, running ALL X11 apps from xterm works like a charm.

HTH,

Brian