Question about printing invoices

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Fri Apr 16 11:01:46 EDT 2004

In a previous message, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> John Pettigrew <john at pettigrew.org.uk> writes:
>
> > In my previous accounts package, I could type the code for a particular
> > account/expense/whatever, and the software would convert this into the
> > relevant account/expense/whatever. This saves lots of time.
> You can type shorthand.  For example if you want to get to Expense:Foo:Bar
> you can type e:f:b [snip] You can also use the arrow keys (up/down) in the
> menu once the menu pops up.

Aha - I hadn't realised I could type a colon to get this effect. That will do
nicely! I had realised about the arrow keys but that still takes *ages* if
there are lots of accounts to scan through.

> BTW, your interpretation of account codes is correct.  Gnucash doesn't use
> them for anything, and there are no plans to change this.

In that case, to avoid potential confusion, should they perhaps be renamed to
"Account sort codes"?

Thanks,

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price